Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Essentials Of The Bible: Part 92 -- God Judges And Restores The People – Solomon Builds A Temple To The LORD

In mid-spring in the fourth year of Solomon’s reign; construction was started on the temple of the LORD.  This was David’s dream, to build a monument to the greatness of the Eternal One of Israel.   The temple was designed by David, and much of the materials were purchased and laid aside during David’s rule.  It was his passion that he shared with his son Solomon.  David was prevented from building the temple because he was a man of war and the LORD wanted a king of peace to build the temple.  All of Israel’s enemies were subdued during David’s reign so that Solomon could be the king of peace.  The symbolism is not a coincidence, but rather a divine design; Jesus is the Prince of Peace; the temple had to be constructed in peace; we are the temple of the Holy Ghost.

JESUS IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE
Isaiah 9:6 KJV For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

SOLOMON A KING OF PEACE
1 Chronicles 22:7-10 KJV (7)  And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God:  (8)  But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.  (9)  Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.  (10)  He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST
1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Solomon’s temple was a glorious worship center that was 90 feet long, 30 feet wide; and 45 feet high.  The entry way in the from comprised a room that was 30 feet wide, and ran the width of the temple.  There were many precious materials in it’s construction.


The pictures below are various renderings of what the Temple might have looked like in accordance with the details found in chapters 6 & 7 of 1 Kings.












1 Kings 6:1 ESV In the four hundred and eightieth year after the people of Israel came out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, which is the second month, he began to build the house of the LORD.

The LORD only agreed to bless the construction of the physical building as long as Israel would remain loyal and faithful to Him.  There was a promise for both Solomon and all of Israel for obedience.

1 Kings 6:11-14 ESV Now the word of the LORD came to Solomon,  (12)  "Concerning this house that you are building, if you will walk in my statutes and obey my rules and keep all my commandments and walk in them, then I will establish my word with you, which I spoke to David your father.  (13) And I will dwell among the children of Israel and will not forsake my people Israel."  (14)  So Solomon built the house and finished it.

Psalms 127:1 ESV A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

Prayer:  Almighty God, our Father, you have called us to be your temple.  Help us to realize that we must prepare and work as hard as if we were building a great building, we must trust in you LORD and allow you to build in and through us, in Jesus’ name, Amen.


Copyright © 2006, 2011  Thomas C. Blake 

No comments:

Post a Comment