Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Monday, September 5, 2011

Your Strength Is Perfect In All of My Weakness

Reviewing our lives; during the thirty five years since we saw each other in high school; my wife said that it was apparent that as challenges brought my physical life down; God was building a spiritual life in His service.  God’s hand was on both of our lives in parallel.  We had a friendship that had connected us in my freshman year and her sophomore year.  Looking back, we both see that the hand of God kept us apart to prepare us for His ministry at this time now.  Fourteen months ago, the Lord reconnected us and we were married October 23, 2010.  This past year has been the greatest physical and emotional challenge because of my health crisis on April 3rd when an infection nearly took my life.

Doctors first braced my new bride of five months for my death.  When God saved my life; the doctors brace her for my life on kidney dialysis as the infection had completely shut down and seemingly destroyed my kidneys.  Then God healed and restored my kidneys.  The doctors then braced her for me never being mentally functional because of what they believed was severe brain damage caused by the infection.  God intervened and my mind is just fine. 

After one complete month in the hospital and another complete month in a rehabilitation facility; followed up by a complete month of home physical therapy; normal activities have been added back little by little and my life has been restored nearly 100% of where it was before this crisis.  This last major health crisis caps ten years of chronic, sequential diabetic complications that have kept my life shackled to hospitals, surgeries, physical therapy and home health nursing for the past ten years.  Tom Blake has been greatly diminished through it all as Jesus Christ has been magnified.  This is the way it is supposed to be.  There is a praise chorus that rings daily in my ears, heart and mind. 

Lord I Am Broke and My Life, Is In Pieces but Your
Strength Is Perfect In All of My Weakness

This song is recorded on a video by Indiana Bible College and is a much anointed offering to God and you can view it and enter the anointing at:


It is impossible for God to work with us in our carnal, self sufficient mind.  We must willing become broken for Him; allow ourselves to die to our old self; old ways of thinking and acting.  The more we surrender to this, “break and remake process;” the more Christ is magnified in our lives.  It is a slow transformation process that will take us from mortal sinful man into the eternal marvelous light of the throne of Jesus Christ; where we will be pillars in His presence in the Kingdom of God.

The Apostle Paul fully realized this process as he was given a thorn of the flesh; that as far as we know; was never taken from him.  It was left there, as a reminder to keep him close to Christ who said; ”My grace is sufficient…”

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 ESV (7) So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.  (8)  Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.  (9) But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Paul embraced the challenges of Christ and entered the transformational race perfection in Christ Jesus our LORD.  He died daily to the “old man of sin,” and fought the good fight until his last breath.

1 Corinthians 15:31 KJV I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

2 Timothy 4:6-8 KJV For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.  (7)  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:  (8)  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

It has been my life’s purpose to preach Jesus crucified, buried and resurrected; the pioneer of salvation for us all.  No greater love live in me that for His appearing; being dedicated to the return of Jesus Christ and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in its fullness.  My life has been and continues to be a living sacrifice as an Ambassador of Jesus Christ.  He is made perfect in all of my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment