Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Essentials Of The Bible: Part 80 -- God Judges And Restores The People – God Promises That David’s Dynasty would Reign Forever

Establishing his reign over Israel, David had to be patient and had to trust in the LORD.  His heart was kind and righteous; yet he ruled with strength and justice.  God was with David and gave him victory over all of his enemies and David wanted to build a temple for the LORD.  But the LORD told Nathan the prophet to tell David that his kingdom would be established forever.  Unlike Saul, the LORD would never take away the kingdom from David’s descendants.  If his descendants would go astray, the LORD would chastise them and bring them back into favor with the LORD.  But the LORD would give the responsibility to one of David’s descendants to build a temple. 

2 Samuel 7:5-16 ESV "Go and tell my servant David, 'Thus says the LORD: Would you build me a house to dwell in?  (6)  I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent for my dwelling.  (7)  In all places where I have moved with all the people of Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, "Why have you not built me a house of cedar?"'  (8)  Now, therefore, thus you shall say to my servant David, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, that you should be prince over my people Israel.  (9)  And I have been with you wherever you went and have cut off all your enemies from before you. And I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth.  (10)  And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may dwell in their own place and be disturbed no more. And violent men shall afflict them no more, as formerly,  (11)  from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover, the LORD declares to you that the LORD will make you a house.  (12)  When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.  (13)  He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.  (14)  I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, (15)  but my steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you.  (16)  And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.'"

David humbly thanked the LORD and accepted His promise with a broken spirit and a broken and contrite heart.  He didn’t feel worthy of the LORD’s promise of blessings.  David looked to the Most High LORD of Heaven as his personal sovereign and the true sovereign of Israel.  Knowing that the LORD was going to establish a dynasty of kings through the House of David was quite overwhelming.

We know that the WORD of God is true.  There has to be an unbroken lineage of King David that has continued to our day.  Whether that king and kingdom has been in exile down through the ages or has appeared in a form not recognized by historians, the fact remains that the Bible is clear on God’s promise to the Davidic Dynasty.  So where could that kingdom be today?  It is an established fact that all of the Kings and Queens of England; coroneted from 1308 have been coroneted on King Edward’s Chair that hold’s what is believed to be Jacob’s pillow/pillar stone (the stone that Jacob erected in Bethel, when God gave his promise to Jacob of a nation and a company of nations that would come out of his loins). 

Genesis 35:11-14 KJV And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; (12)  And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.  (13)  And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him.  (14)  And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon.

The promise of God was that a nation and a company of nations would descend from Jacob, also called Israel.  Down through history, there are no two nations that could epitomize or be the quintessential; fulfillments of this prophesy than the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the United States.  There was a time when the sun didn’t set on the British Commonwealth (company of nations).  God had also promised Abraham that through him and his lineage, all of the people of the world would be blessed.

Genesis 12:1-3 ESV Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.  (2)  And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.  (3) I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

History record’s that no two nations have ever blessed the world like the United States and Great Britain; in fact, other Western European nations have regularly joined with the U.S. and U.K. to bless the world and make efforts to establish world peace.  Both nations have carried the hope of the Gospel to the world.  King James of England authorized the translation of the Bible; it was commissioned by the King!  In America, the words, “In God we trust,” appears on our currency and in many of the walls of historic government buildings.

The chair of King Edward is believed to be the throne of King David.  



There is a lot of speculation and a lot of Celtic/Irish, Scottish and English legends that claim the prophet Jeremiah (in the company of his scribe Baruch) took King Zedekiah's daughter to Ireland where she founded a line of Davidic kings that has continued on down to this day.  There are no historical documents to prove this.  The conjecture though is fascinating.



A man named Richard Steel claims to be a descendant of the Scottish throne and documents (unsupported) a family tree back to Adam and Eve.  He also parallels the British Royal Family back through King David to Adam as well.  See his web site:  http://www.jesusevidence.org/gen.html.



The concept of British Israelism (U.S. Britain and Western Europe being the lost tribes of Israel) has been published by literally thousands of writers since the early 1800s.  Could it be fact, or is it just folk lore?  Only the LORD truly knows.  We do know that Jesus Christ will return as King of kings and establish the throne of David in the Kingdom of God for all eternity.  David will live on as a man and a king after God’s own heart.  That heart moved The LORD to continue to make David mighty in battle, giving him continued victories over all of his enemies.  One day David asked his servants to find out if there was any one left of the house of Saul, because he wanted to show some kindness as a respect to the memory of his best friend Jonathan.  David had a compassionate heart toward Saul, Jonathan and their family. 

2 Samuel 9:1 ESV And David said, "Is there still anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan's sake?"

Mephibosheth, Jonathan’s son was still alive; so David had him brought before him and he bestowed great kindness upon him by giving him all of the lands that belonged to his grandfather Saul; and he also insisted that he eat at the king’s table with him.  Mephibosheth was very humble and replied, “Who is your servant, that you should show such kindness to a dead dog like me?”  So from that time on, Mephibosheth sat at David’s table as one of his sons.

2 Samuel 9:7-13 ESV And David said to him, "Do not fear, for I will show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan, and I will restore to you all the land of Saul your father, and you shall eat at my table always."  (8)  And he paid homage and said, "What is your servant, that you should show regard for a dead dog such as I?"  (9)  Then the king called Ziba, Saul's servant, and said to him, "All that belonged to Saul and to all his house I have given to your master's grandson.  (10)  And you and your sons and your servants shall till the land for him and shall bring in the produce, that your master's grandson may have bread to eat. But Mephibosheth your master's grandson shall always eat at my table." Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.  (11)  Then Ziba said to the king, "According to all that my lord the king commands his servant, so will your servant do." So Mephibosheth ate at David's table, like one of the king's sons.  (12)  And Mephibosheth had a young son, whose name was Mica. And all who lived in Ziba's house became Mephibosheth's servants.  (13)  So Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, for he ate always at the king's table. Now he was lame in both his feet.

As Christians, we are called out of this world to prepare for the world to come.  We are called to a life of transformation in Christ.

Romans 12:2 KJV And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We are also called to overcome the world and to overcome sin.  If we do, there is a promise from Jesus Christ to sit on His throne with Him.

Revelation 3:21 KJV To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Prayer:  Father in Heaven, thank you for your marvelous promises and the glory that will be revealed in those who overcome.  Thank you for my calling, in Jesus’ name, Amen.


Copyright © 2006, 2011  Thomas C. Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment