Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him

Never underestimate the anointing upon our youth.  God’s Word has many examples of young people answering the call of God.  Focusing on youth is a high priority for the church.  There is no greater and more efficient way for the church to grow than through our children.  They can not only be saved for all eternity, but they can be saved in this human experience from the lasting effects of sin now.

Born into a household of faith, my parents were so consumed with their own calling that they didn’t think that God was working with their children; but He was.  At age 4 God’s presence came over me in a witness that is as real today as it was now 47 years ago.  By age 6, God was speaking to my heart; at age 8, being driven to my knees in prayer; God immediately answered and intervened.

My parents had purchased a brand new trumpet for me to start taking private lessons in third grade.  Being a typical inquisitive boy; there was a need to take it all apart to see how it all worked.  Trying to put it back together sent me into a cold sweat panic.  It quickly became clear that this was beyond my knowledge and ability to fix.  This stupid act was going to cause my parents grief and most likely the cost of a repair.

Locking my bedroom door, my petition to God was frantic and fervently repentant.  Explaining to God that He needed to help me fix this mess so that my parents would be saved from anger, frustration and the administration of a spanking and even worse; taking away my trumpet and ending my lessons;  God heard my prayer and answered it right away.  God gave me the ability to put the trumpet back together as good as new, except for one part.  Instead of going to God for further help, it seemed that trying it on my own was the answer.  Yes, that final part was put back, but not until putting a tiny dent into the bright new shiny brass.  My parents never found out; but every day for the next ten years, that dent starred me in the face as a reminder of God’s answered prayer and my stupidity of trying to fix some thing on my own with out God.

From that day forward; God became my partner in everything.  God gives us a promise to direct our paths, to lead us into blessings.  He promises never to forsake us and to always provides way of escape.

“ In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths”  (Proverbs 3:6).

“Yet the LORD will command his loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life” (Psalms 42:8).

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5).

“There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee” (Joshua 1:5).

“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1Corinthians 10:13).

Lord God, my Heavenly Father; you are always with me and I am always instant in prayer.  Help me Lord to always seek your help.  I know that you desire to help me in everything.  Help me to rely upon you more each day and draw closer to you.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment