Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Friday, October 22, 2010

My Trust From My Youth

Growing up with holiness standards was as much of a challenge in the 1960s as it is today.  Styles in clothing or the lack therein had broken all parameters and precedents.  Freedom from establishment ushered in a sense of noncompliance that went far beyond clothing, grooming and personal appearance.  The breakdown of all moral values and traditions gave license across the board in all areas of life.  There was a sense of coming out of the dark ages and nobody wanted to be told what to do.  There was a phrase coined, “Get with the times!”  It meant, don’t be “Old Fashioned,” throw away all standards.  With 1962, came Vatican II; an ecumenical council that loosened a lot of strict traditional standards of the Catholic Church.  Clearly the decade of the 1960s had a profound impact on social and moral standards in the home, church, government and society.  For the children and the youth; there was not only peer pressure; but pressure from teachers as well.  It was a psychedelic culture that had infiltrated into the schools.  Many of my teachers in Junior High and High School were openly embracing the breakdown of standards; they let it be known that they smoked pot and had partners instead of spouses and by 1973 some of my teachers were openly homosexual  Many men teachers grew their hair long and women teachers cut their hair short.  Unisex was introduced.  By the 1980s, schools could no longer impose moral values.  My brother was just entering the teaching field in 1979.  He has kept his hand on the pulse of the moral decline over the past 32 years as an educator.

Traditional Biblical standards that were taught by most churches began to be compromise and comply to the motto, “Get hip baby be free.”  Moral values were once taught by churches to the families; then upheld by schools and enforced in society.  Now they are illegal to teach.  As in the 1960s; through the 70s, 80s, 90, and into the new millennium; holding the line on holiness has brought persecution to our youth.  Starting with the Revolution of the 1960s; most of the Christian world began to merely attend church.  Very little commitment was required to maintain membership in those churches as they drifted away from Bible standards.  Today those churches are struggling to keep their doors open.  In the 1960s; when confronting a teacher with something that was against Bible teaching; the first question was always the same: “Can’t you get a dispensation from your bishop?”  As a twelve year old, my faith frustrated my teachers.  When my reply was; “Even if I could get such an approval from a bishop, this is between God and me.  This is my belief!”  They couldn’t understand why God’s Word was held so firm in my life.  Compromise has broken down holiness and we find ourselves in a society that reflects the End Time.

“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  (2)  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  (3)  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  (4)  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  (5)  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away”   (2 Timothy 3:1-5  ).

Our children today, face a great deal of pressure to live by God’s Word; but they have favor with God.  Like the youth of the Bible; who held the line on holiness; our youth have God’s favor; just like Samuel, David, Jeremiah, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.  God has a plan for them and He hears their plight.  They are the future.  Second and third generation Apostolic Christians are the strength and future of the church.  God will deliver them and lift them up in strength; with anointing in the Holy Ghost. 

With David, they have internalized the hope of salvation; they reflect the light of God in this dark world:

“For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth” (Psalms 71:5).

“O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works” (Psalms 71:17).

Apostolic Youth shine brightly in the darkness.  The light of Jesus Christ is in them and they are noticed.
“The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined” (Isaiah 9:2).

Prayer:  My Father in Heaven, you have given me the word of life.  Help me to share them with young people and not overlook the children who cross my path.  We all deal with the pulls of the world around us.  Keep me on the path of holiness.  Help me to internalize and emulate your holiness.  Shine through me into the darkness.  Bless your people.  In Jesus’ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment