Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Monday, November 8, 2010

It Is Not Good To Be Alone


After a spiritual crisis, that left her an agnostic; my wife brought our twenty year marriage to an end in 2000.  For the next ten years; God allowed me to remain unmarried in order to show me the value of the blessing of being married.  My yearning for a wife seemed futile.  When all hope was lost and my quest was abandoned; God brought the woman into my life that was his choice; a woman from my past; my very first love from high school; and we married October 23, 2010.  We don’t always listen to God.  Unfortunately, we have to learn many things the hard way.  Yet in all of this; my marriage will never be taken for granted again.  This is written from a twenty year veteran of marriage who is now a newlywed.

God has instilled into every person, the quest for a mate.  Everyone needs someone to talk to; to share hopes and aspirations; to build a life together; to have help when needed; to begin and end each day in the secure warm feeling that we are not alone; to comfort during those times of grief and sickness.  My ten years of searching for a wife were plagued with monumental health issues of surgeries, hospitalizations, extended home health care; extended physical therapy and out patient procedures.  It was one crisis after another of acute diabetic complications.  For the past ten years; my doctor visits would average out to be more than two visits every week.  After twenty years of marriage, to face these ten years of crises alone; made the emotional pain as intense as the physical pain.  God impressed upon me the need to have a wife. 

That need is more profoundly a part of being created in God’s image than we most likely have ever thought.  It is the quest for a bride; the quest to share all eternity with someone who loves in return as the love is given; to desire to build and create, not just a relationship together; but to build a family; it is that quest; that was at the foundation of all creation. 

“Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready” (Revelation 19:7).

God who is one, desired to share with another.  God wanted someone to talk to!

For the past thirty years; John chapter one and verse one; has been a part of my daily meditation and prayer.  It speaks to the time when God was all alone and there was no one else; no angels, no heavenly host and no human beings.  If we ask God to speak to us through scripture; through the Holy Ghost; we will fellowship with God in heavenly places through our prayers and meditations.  Ask God to speak to you through these most foundational of scripture that speaks to the beginning of all life and matter.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1).

“All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3).

Imagine God and nothing else; a being not held to time and space.  In Him and through Him all is spoken into existence on the breath of His mouth.  This just blows my mind.  There is not enough time in a day to exhaust what this means.  Let God speak to you and bear witness to you of His greatness!         

“By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth” (Psalms 33:6).

On the breath of His mouth!  This excites me!  God is so great that all the universe can not contain Him; and in fact, He created the universe; it is His throne and earth is His footstool.

“But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?”(1 Kings 8:27).

“Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?” (Isaiah 66:1)

Prayer:  Father in Heaven, I know that my purpose and calling in life is to be part of the Bride of Christ; to be one with you Lord Jesus.  Help me to see how my physical life and my physical marriage prepares me to be at one with you for all eternity.  Reveal to me LORD, the splendor and glory that you desire to share with me and lead into an eternal relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment