Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That The Bones Which Thou Hast Broken May Rejoice


Imagine being the king of the invincible nation of Israel.  The very God of the universe has anointed you and all heaven is behind you with legions of angels to fight your battles.  The people have cheered your victories.  Where your predecessor killed his thousands, you’ve killed your ten thousands; a legend in your own time, whose shoes, no one would ever quite fill the same.  You started out as a humble shepherd boy.  In the open plains and verdant valleys you spent your time praying and meditating to God.  With the wind in your hair, the sun on your face, under an azure canopy of heaven you would write songs to the glory of God, your best friend being the Almighty Creator.

You pray that fame and fortune don’t go to your head; but slowly, sin trickles into your life and it numbs your senses and dulls your judgment.  A dear friend’s wife; your neighbor can be seen from your bedroom window as she bathes.  In a moment, wrong thoughts, held just one second too long; have now sent your servant to bring her to your chamber.  All you see is that you are the most powerful man in the world and you are entitles to take what pleases you.  The intoxication of your adultery has now conquered you in the bonds of sin that continue down a path that compounds one sin after another. Deceit, conspiracy and murder; founded upon lust and adultery have momentarily redefined your character and magnified your sins.  Not merely breaking God’s laws concerning fellow man, but a woman’s affections have become your god and at the idolatrous and adulterous altar of debauchery, you have deluded yourself into thinking that God still hears your prayers.

So caught up in the world’s standards, you are in a stupor of denial and your thoughts have justified your actions and you truly have no conscience or guilt of what you have done.  You are the mighty king of Israel.  Then God sends His prophet to tell you of a man in the kingdom who has done what you have done.  In your rage toward this unknown man, you condemn him to death, saying; “the man that hath done this thing shall surely die!”  Then the prophet, in a soft yet clear voice that cuts like a razor; says; “Thou art the man.”  At that moment, the king is deflated and the humble shepherd boy dies a thousand deaths as he exclaims in his heart; “What have I done?”  Mortified by his sin he enters a state of fasting and repentance.  He petitions God’s mercy to save the child conceived from his sin and clings to the hope that God’s mercy would grant him grace.  Seven days later the child dies.

From all of this evil, the man of sin repents and turns to God; begging divine forgiveness.  He accepts the heavy sentence of Almighty God and seeks renewal, reconciliation and restoration;

Psalms 51:6-8 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.  (7)  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.  (8)  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

David, through the humbling of his sin; sets a benchmark for repentance that has been emulated ever since.  If you want to become a person after God’s own heart, then enter the shoes of David by entering with your whole heart, prayerfully into Psalm 51.

Prayer:  Almighty God, my Father in Heaven, hear my plea.  I am overtaken with sin and I come humbly before your throne of grace to receive help and mercy in my time of need.  Help me to leave my sin at your altar.  Brake me and remake me Lord.  “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.”  In Jesus’ name, Amen.    (Psalms 51:10-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment