Faith and Healing Affirmations

Faith and Healing Affirmations
CLICK the photo above for FAITH & HEALING AFFIRMATIONS

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Absentee Christian

We use to joke about people who were distracted at work, and say; that they were out to lunch or the lights are on, but no one is home.  To be present and yet be absent is not a good thing at all; so I ask today; are you an Absentee Christian?  Absentee workers has become the norm; especially since Facebook.  Workers are present physically, but they are absent mentally.  Workers with computers that are connected to the internet have a tendency to spend their employer’s time doing personal social networking.  With cell phone service being so affordable for unlimited air time; workers on factory assembly are stealthfully talking throughout their entire shift on “Bluetooth,” devices.  A friend of mine worked on a General Motors assembly line building car engines and would carry on long conversations.  That is a scary reality.

Equally scary is being an “Absentee Christian;” one who either seldom goes to church or one whose mind is not there when they are.  Will Jesus Christ grant eternal life to Absentee Christians?  Let’s apply the principle:

Matthew 25:41-45 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.  (42) For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink. (43)  I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'  (44) Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?'  (45) Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'


Jesus is basically saying that if we neglect any of the needy who cross our path; He will throw us into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil.  This parable implies that Christianity goes way beyond focused weekly church attendance.  True Christianity is 24/7 and 365 days a year.  True Christianity is not something we do; it is who and what we become.



James identifies “Pure Religion,” as taking personal responsibility for the orphans and widows in their time of need.

James 1:27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.




We are called to be actively living for Jesus Christ; called out of the world to be sent forth with the Gospel.  As the prophets of old spoke for God; representing Him to the people, the church today speaks with a warning as well as encouraging message.  It is a warning to the backslidden and encouragement to the dedicated who live in the LORD.




Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

Isaiah boldly declared his willingness to be sent forth proclaiming the LORD’s message to Israel.  We today are a type of Spiritual Israel; spiritual Jews in Christ; the called, chosen and sent forth; the apostolic church.  Let’s follow Christ and be about the Father’s business.  Now is the time to step up and say; "Here am I! Send me."


No comments:

Post a Comment